Week 1 - Trying Out The Blog

Welcome to Topics in Paleoecology! I've started a blog for us to use as a tool in the class. I'm hoping this will allow us to expand our conversations outside the one hour we have in the classroom. I recently took a class that used a blog (http://human-macroecology.blogspot.com/) and I found it to be a great resource. Each week, a summary was posted of the topics for that week, and each student was required to post a comment on the reading before coming to class. It helped to ensure that everyone was reading the articles. I thought we could use this blog in the same way. Each week, the students who are leading the discussion could post a summary of the topic, and we could all leave comments as we get through the articles. If anyone has any other ideas, suggestions, comments, or anything, please post them. Looking forward to a great semester,
Fred

Comments

Popular Posts